As a coach you have a duty of care and a responsibility to ensure you do not cause injury or financial loss to others or damage to their property. If you do cause injury, financial loss or damage, you could become legally liable to pay compensation.
TO PROTECT YOU – AS A QUALIFIED COACH – YOUR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP OF TRIATHLON ENGLAND, TRIATHLON SCOTLAND OR WELSH TRIATHLON ENTITLES YOU TO THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PROTECTION:
- Public Liability: £15m Limit of Indemnity
- Professional Indemnity: £10m Limit of Indemnity
For verification of insurance, please click here >
- You must be an individual member of Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland or Welsh Triathlon to be eligible.
- You must not earn more than £10,000 (gross) annual income from coaching (otherwise you need to take out additional insurance).
- You are only insured if you are appropriately qualified to coach a particular activity.
- NO QUALIFICATION – NO INSURANCE!
- There is a £250 policy excess in each and every claim made against you.
- A trainee coach, working under your DIRECT SUPERVISION, is also insured.
- Cover is only provided to you as an individual coach or sole trader.
- NO COVER IS PROVIDED FOR LIMITED COMPANIES
For further details, please refer to the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.