Incident Notifications / Claims

There is a choice of two forms that need to be completed, depending on the circumstance:

  1. Legal Liability
    If you are an Individual Member, Day Member, Club Representative or Affiliated Coach and you need to report an injury to a third party or damage to property please complete the incident notification form below:
    Public Liability Incident Notification form >

  2. Personal Accident Benefits
    If you have suffered a serious injury, and believe you may be entitled to a personal accident benefit, please complete the form below:
    Personal Accident claim form >

In either case, please complete the form as soon as possible after the date of incident (an email acknowledgment will be forwarded to you within 24 working hours of receipt by Howden).

Using Interactive PDFs

We're starting to replace all our online forms with interactive PDFs. These are easy to use, but if you've never used them before there are a few key points to remember. NB: If you don't want to use the forms interactively, you can still print them out as usual, fill them in manually, and scan them back in to send to us.

The forms should be downloaded: Rather than filling them in using your browser (which is most people's default setting), you should download & save the form first, then open it up in Adobe Reader. This is because many browsers' default security settings prohibit access to your emails (for very good reasons!) and much of the functionality is disabled.

Fill it in and save a copy: Open the form up in Adobe Reader (or other similar app). Don't forget to save the form once you've filled it in, before you hit 'Submit' to send via email. This gives you a local copy of your form, just in case things go wrong with your email and we don't get a copy through.


Any questions? You can still contact us for help and advice.

 If you have any queries, please contact us at

Legal Services

As a member of Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland or Welsh Triathlon, you may have been involved in an accident where you were injured or your property was damaged, for example in a road traffic accident whilst cycling. 

If you are a member of Triathlon England or Welsh Triathlon and you need assistance to recover compensation for an injury you have suffered or the cost of replacing/repairing your damaged property, you should contact Leigh Day solicitors.

Triathlon Scotland members are covered by a separate preferred partner, please contact Triathlon Scotland if you require further information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please find below the most frequently asked questions about British Triathlon Insurance:

FAQs for individual and day members >

FAQS for Affiliated Coaches >

FAQs for Affiliated Clubs >

If you have any insurance enquiries that aren't covered by the FAQs, please contact us.